In the last couple of years I have been striving to look at the world and all situations I find myself in with a “glass half-full” mentality. I have become a big believer that physical and mental health, are all hugely impacted by good energy and being positive and to me, life is too short to let the negativity and toxicity of being mean or angry run my life.
That being said, looking at things in a more positive light can be difficult because a large portion of our society has taught us to focus on our complaints rather than our happinesses. In order to keep retraining myself to focus on happiness and positive energy, I started vocalizing at least one thing each morning I am looking forward to that day. Rob has started joining in on this daily exercise as well and this routine has itself become something that I look forward to every day. On days when I have multiple things to look forward to, it puts an extra bounce in my step. And on days when I’ve struggled to think of something I’m excited about it reminds me that there is always something, no matter how small, to look forward to as long as I am willing to look for it. Once I do think of something, holding onto that positivity gets me thru the not so exciting moments of that day.
Here is a glimpse of some of the things I’ve looked forward to in the last few weeks:
- 10/11- Receiving my new phone case and meeting our friend’s new twins!
- 10/15- Breakfast burritos & coffee
- 10/19- Wearing my wedding dress, closing on our house finally, drinking wedding wine, watching our wedding video and taking a nap!
- 10/21- Visiting my grandma, catching up on TV shows with Mom and Rob!
- 10/24-Working out, cleaning off my desk, and catching up with a couple of friends!