Rob and I both love spending time with our friends, but sometimes it can take a toll on our wallets. Instead of pulling away from seeing our friends though, we try to think of ways to get quality time in without hurting our bank account. And let’s be honest, it does our liver and stomachs good too! Here are three of our favorite ways to spend time with friends on the cheap! Hosting a themed potluck! It’s a great way to save money while discovering your friends are awesome cooks and laughing about the ideas people come up with!
- Pick a theme (Mexican Fiesta, Star Trek 50th Anniversary, Shakespeare or pick a movie to watch and cook to that theme!)
- Divvy up the meal: Mains, sides, drinks, desserts
- Have everyone pick a portion of the meal to create, staying in with the theme of the night.
- Bonus points if people come in costume.
Hosting a game night!
- Have everyone bring one favorite beverage, one favorite snack and one favorite game to share.
- Have a few prizes for some of the games to keep it fun!
Picnic in the park/beach/pool etc. This is an obvious one but it is one of our faves!
- Bring a blanket, a frisbee, a few beverages and snacks and relax in the sun or shade with your besties. It’s great on your wallet and a relaxing activity after a long day or week at work!