After seven weeks and one day, the renovation phase of this project has wrapped and the house is currently on the market! The last half of the process was full of more choice swear words, more late nights, and a lot of crying. I made two large mistakes at the beginning of the project and those mistakes came back to bite me at the end. Think: finding out a toilet drain wasn’t connected to the sewer line and having to fire a contractor who wasn’t pulling his weight. The plumbing issue could not have been avoided but had I gotten an inspection at the beginning of the project I would have had a road map as to what NEEDED to be done (the plumbing) vs what would have been nice to do (paint the exterior). Instead I did the, "what would be nice to do" list before I did some of the needed list and that is how our budget doubled. The other mistake could have been avoided had I listened to my gut and not hired the contractor in the first place.